Women’s Reflection Afternoon, livestreamed to all corners of the Archdiocese 2-4.30pm Saturday 29th August.
Participate at home or gather with friends wherever you have internet access.
The afternoon will include two inspiring talks and several short guided prayer experiences provided by local prayer groups and movements.
Hosted by the Archdiocesan Women’s Taskforce. More details to be announced next week.
Register at www.bit.ly/WomensReflectionAfternoon
We have secured two excellent speakers:
- Clara Geoghegan who has lectured in Church History and Spirituality at Catholic Theological College (Melbourne) and is the Co-Director of the Catherine of Siena Institute, Australia. Clara is currently the Executive Secretary to the Bishops’ Commission for Evangelisation, Laity & Ministry
- Brigid Cooney is a 21-year-old native Canberran. Since working fulltime on the Youth Mission Team in 2017 and 2018, she has been studying a double degree in History (ANU) & Teaching (ACU) and hopes to make a difference to young people by teaching history and religious education. Brigid an Official Delegate for the Archdiocese of Canberra Goulburn to the Plenary Council of Australia
Clara is aiming to inspire the women of the Archdiocese to respond to their baptismal calling to intimacy with Christ and to co-responsibility for the mission of the Church.
Brigid will share her personal journey of discovering the above and will explain why she put her hand up as a delegate for the Plenary Council and what she hopes will be achieved.
As well as these inspiring inputs, the Women’s Reflection Afternoon will be punctuated by short guided prayer experiences lead by the following groups:
- Winniefred Rebello, Women Alive (Indian, Pakistani & Sri Lankan Catholic women’s prayer group)
- Anne Hartwell, Mothers Prayers
- Bronnie Schlager, Call to Connect
- Karen Doyle, Sisterhood National Catholic Women’s Movement
- Vikki McDonough, Christian Meditation
Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra Goulbourne Women's Taskforce
Phone: 0429 192 869
Email Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra Goulbourne Women's Taskforce