Whether you’re a regular user of Lake Burley Griffin or someone that enjoys its views now and then, most Canberrans think that it’s important local resource. Unfortunately, rubbish regularly flows from storm water drains and other sources into the Lake. This not only causes havoc on wildlife and anyone that tries to swim or play in the water, but frankly it looks horrible too.
Therefore, on Sunday, 9 December, community lake user groups will be doing a clean-up of Lake Burley Griffin by land and by water, and we’re asking for Canberrans to join us!
Event: Clean-up Lake Burley Griffin Day
When: Sunday, 9 December from 9am to 12pm (volunteer rego begins at 0830)
Where: Registration sites at the following locations:
- Burley Griffin Canoe Club
- Lotus Bay (near Yacht Club)
- Weston Park (near Playstation)
- Black Mountain Peninsula
- West Basin (near the Bike Hire place)
- Kingston Foreshore (Bowen Park)
Volunteers are required to:
- Register at one of the booths.
- Bring work gloves and wear enclosed shoes
- All children 16 and under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Those on watercraft must wear a lifejacket or PFD at all times during the clean-up effort.
Thank you to our Sponsors, Leader Security.
Our Supporters include Clean-up Australia, the Burley Griffin Canoe Club, Lake Burley Griffin Guardians, the Ice Dragons Paddle Club, National Capital Authority, the Molonglo Catchment Group, the Yarralumla Residents Association and TCCS from the ACT Government.
More info can be found on the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/278294139465717/
Numerous Community Orgs
Email Numerous Community Orgs