We’ve discovered an exciting new service being introduced by the Red Cross to help people stay connected during what has proven to be a challenging year.
ACT Wellbeing Calls
A free social call to help keep you connected through COVID-19
Good social connections are essential for our wellbeing. While many of us are still physical distancing, it can be easy to feel socially isolated.
If you, or someone you know, are not in regular contact with others, Red Cross’ Wellbeing Call service can help! One of their friendly volunteers will be happy to call – once or regularly – for a chat.
What is a Wellbeing Call?
- A free phone call from Australian Red Cross for adults of all ages who are resident in the ACT
- Their friendly volunteers will give you a call to chat to you about anything from the weather to your favourite TV program
- They can also provide you with information on other support services available to Canberrans
- For anyone who is not in regular social contact and is experiencing isolation or loneliness
- Provides support to improve your community connection and wellbeing
- Service available in many languages
Please note: This is not a mental health service or for anyone who needs help in a crisis.
If you need this type of support, call Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14.
Register for a call
It’s easy and free to register. Call Red Cross on 02 6234 7630 between 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday, email [email protected] or register online at communityservices.act.gov.au/connect-in-canberra/Community-Services-and-Support. You can also register someone else (with their permission) to receive calls.
They’re looking forward to talking with you!