Written by Kiara Thomas.
Photo credits: Mariah Martin.
1WAY FM is Canberra’s only non-denominational Christian radio station. By God’s grace, we have been able to provide Canberrans with access to hope at the push of a button for over 30 years.
Last week we ran our annual on-air June Appeal. The June Appeal is our biggest annual fundraiser, and it helps us to keep our message of hope on-air throughout the year. We’d like to thank the 153 donors who helped us raise over $40,000 during the week!
Some highlights from the week include:
- lots of lovely donors coming in-person to encourage us,
- PJ zooming in to 1WAY Home all the way from Italy,
- all the people who donated during our live shows,
- the many visitors who came to the station with their kids, even a former presenter popped in with his young kids and they all had a chat with Brett on-air,
- Jenny’s Joyful Givers, captained by Jenny Anderson, 1WAY FM’s General Manager, topped the leader board with a total of $13,467!
We’re overjoyed to announce that today, during our second week of the appeal, we have raised over $78,000! We are almost 40% of the way to our goal of $200,000! Thanks, everyone!
At the moment, however, we only have enough money to stay on-air until the middle of September. We still need prayer and financial support to keep our doors open all year. If you feel compelled to give to the station and were unable to last week, or if you’d like to make another tax-deductible donation, please click here.*
If you are unable to give now but would like to partner with us, please pray for us. We are also very thankful for any donations given at any time.
Everyone here at 1WAY FM is overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support for our station, thank you again to everyone who made our on-air appeal such a success!
You can tune in to 1WAY FM here.
Don’t forget, you can donate any time by clicking here.
* Donations are only tax-deductible for the 2022-2023 financial year if you give before Friday June 30th, 2023.