Here at Fusion we are committed to the faithful stewardship of the funds we are entrusted with and to represent Jesus well in their management and administration to extend the Kingdom and reach our community in a practical way.
Fusion City Church is a not-for-profit, faith-based organisation/charity based in the Gungahlin Region. Our core mission is to help people know and enjoy God, discover their purpose, and make a difference. We achieve this through various community programs, Sunday services and outreach programs. We are currently seeking an experienced bookkeeper to join our growing dynamic and effective team to undertake weekly bookkeeping processes and payroll in support of the Business Manager and Pastoral Team. Experience in MYOB is a requirement.
This is a part-time role of 8-10 hours per week to be split over two weekdays in person at our Life CENTRE in Mitchell – including Tuesdays.
What you will Need to succeed in this Role:
1/ About you
- A team player who is a self-starter with a çan-do attitude and good interpersonal skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the not-for-profit sector, with experience in a church setting being particularly advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- The ideal candidate for this position will uphold the vision and values of Fusion and understand the nature and expectations of being part of the staff team
2/ Qualifications & experience
- Certificate IV in bookkeeping or other relevant qualifications providing a good understanding of basic accounting principles
- Experience with MYOB
- Demonstrated experience in bookkeeping
- Demonstrated experience in payroll
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector, in a church environment ideally
3/ Tasks & responsibilities
- Payroll processing and STP, superannuation, etc
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Accounts payable and receivable.
- Reconciliation of GST monthly
- Point of Sale Reconciliations
- Other ad hoc bookkeeping duties
Please see our website: https://www.fusioncitychurch.com.au/jobs
or SEEK ad: https://www.seek.com.au/job/51620603
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter addressing the criteria above to: [email protected]
Fusion City Church
Email Fusion City Church