With National Recycling Week just around the corner, various user groups of the Lake are once again organising Clean-up Lake Burley Griffin Day. This year’s event will take place on Sunday, 15 November from 9am and 12pm, and the public is encouraged to join us!
To participate, just sign-up at one of the six registration booths on the day.
Event: Clean-up Lake Burley Griffin Day during National Recycling Week
When: Sunday, 15 November from 9am to 12pm (volunteer rego begins at 0830)
Where: Registration sites will be at the following locations:
- Burley Griffin Canoe Club
- Lotus Bay (near Yacht Club)
- Weston Park (near Playstation)
- Black Mountain Peninsula (near picnic benches on west side)
- Kingston Foreshore (near Local Press)*
- Grevillea Park (at the Capital Lakes Rowing Club)
*Volunteers on watercraft cannot register at this location unfortunately.
Volunteers are required to:
- Register at one of the booths.
- Bring work gloves and wear enclosed shoes.
- All children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Those on watercraft (BYO) must wear a lifejacket or PFD at all times during the clean-up effort.
- Social distancing measures will be in place. Groups greater than 10 people will need to spread across rego areas.
- For more information, visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CleanUpLBG
- Or visit our website: https://www.cleanupaustraliaday.org.au/lbg20
- Or email us: [email protected]
Clean-up Lake Burley Griffin Day
Phone: 0424 299 057
Email Clean-up Lake Burley Griffin Day